Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Morning Java

"Coffee, stat!" Nora called out, walking into the shop. A steaming cup was already waiting for her. "Have I mentioned how much of miracle you are? Seriously, how do other coffeeshops do it?"

"I don't know, I guess some of my amazing-aura rubs off whenever I do good here."

"Keep it up. I've gotten too used to this. What am I going to do when you start college?"

"Come here earlier. I'll still be working. Just not at night all the time."

"Will we still have Girl Nights?"

"Will there still be air in our lungs?"

"But what if you and Warren are all...gross. And together. Like officially. And....kissing."

"We won't be. Trust me. Besides, if I couldn't take a breather for one night, I'd bore myself to tears. Now picture-boy is waiting for you. Bagel intervention in ten minutes?"

Nora checked her watch. "Yeah, that'll get me to work on time. Thanks Ranna, you're the best!"

"I know," she said smugly.

No comments:

Post a Comment