Monday, September 19, 2011

Telepath

"Let go," she snapped, jerking her hand free.

"Nora, wait, please!"

"Why should I?" she asked angrily, blocking the door. He didn't answer quick enough, and she stormed out.

"Next time," Ranna said from behind him. "Don't be so quick to treat her like a ditz."

"But I didn't!"

"Yeah, you did. You didn't believe her. She's got enough of that coming from everyone else."

"Well, of course I didn't believe her! What she was telling me is impossible! There's no way you can read minds."

"If it's so impossible, why are you doubting that you're right?"

"I'm not."

"You're wondering if Nora was right. After all, this is an odd place. Anything could be possible. The sooner you accept the impossible here, the happier you'll be."

"What are you doing?"

"Reading your mind."

"Then what am I thinking now?"

"Mashed potatoes are better with...peanut butter? Ew."

"That's impossible. There's no way you could have known that."

She tapped her head. "Telepath, remember? Apologize to her tomorrow."

No comments:

Post a Comment