Saturday, February 11, 2012

Irrational

"Yeah, yeah, I know. I'm acting so stupid," she laughed, embarrassed. "I'm not doing this. I told myself I wouldn't do this again, and here I am doing it again, and over a guy that I have no idea if he likes me -- he doesn't like me, I just know it."

"Nora, you're being irrational again," Ranna said, a small hint of amusement at the corner of her mouth.

Nora clutched her hair, then smoothed it out and sighed. "You're right. I'm getting all worked up about nothing. So he didn't come today. Big deal. It wasn't because of me. He didn't not come because of me. Am I right, Ranna?" Her eyes begged Ranna to tell her she was right. The coffeeshop doorbell clang as someone walked in.

"Why don't you turn around and ask him yourself?" Ranna asked with a lopsided grin.

No comments:

Post a Comment