Friday, June 10, 2011

A Chattery Table

"Wow, you're right Ranna, this place really is good."

"Decaf, Trea. Decaf. Make it your mantra."

"You should drink coffee more, Ranna. It makes you funny!"

Ranna rolled her eyes and went back to her book.

"Topher and Warren said they were going to meet us here. They're at the Paper Lantern right now. I was with them, but then I decided to come here ahead of them. They're waiting for Warren's shift to be over. Wait, why aren't you working today?"

"My day off."

"Oh. How nice. But what would really be nice is if you and Warren worked at the same time."

"I'm sure."

"Because then you two would be off at the same time, and then he could take you on a date--"

Ranna looked up from her book. "A what?"

"A date. You know, one of those things that two people who like each other go on?"

"Yeah, I know what a date is. But why would you think he and I would go on one?"

"Because he likes you. Du-uh. And you like him. I can tell."

"If you think so, Trea."

No comments:

Post a Comment